Access Intelligent Forms Suite - Provide Patients with Fast, Reliable, Continuous Care and Service
Whether it’s an upgrade or scheduled maintenance, data conversion or an unscheduled system outage, every hospital experiences health information system (HIS) downtime. When this occurs, facilities typically register patients using paper forms. They then affix sticky labels, put the forms in folders, and distribute copies to patient finance, HIM and clinical floors.
There are delays at the point of registration and while other departments wait for admissions folders to arrive. Manual registration also takes registrars away from patients, limiting their ability to reassure people requiring care. When forms get to HIM, staff scan and manually index them in the document imaging or enterprise content/document management (ECM/EDM) system – a time-consuming and error-prone process. These issues are compounded when nurses rely on paper forms on clinical floors during HIS downtime.
Access’s downtime registration and clinical forms management solution, powered by Access Intelligent Forms Suite (IFS) overcomes these issues, enabling facilities to download e-forms on demand and interface them into electronic health records (EHR) with ease.
With this proven solution, your facility can:
- Speed patient admissions and ensure continuous service, improving satisfaction
- Eliminate legibility issues and document loss
- Improve information sharing between departments by removing paper bottlenecks
- Provide instant access to progress notes, nurses’ notes, order sets and other clinical forms
- Enhance patient safety by generating barcoded wristbands and forms at admission
- Boost productivity by eliminating manual tasks
- Support EHR and disaster planning initiatives
“Access EFR enabled us to register patients and make their information available on our clinical floors during HIS downtime. It made the downtime period far more seamless and efficient than if we’d registered patients on paper.”
Coffee Regional Medical Center